Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Monday, May 25, 2020

Wild life at last!!

Yesterday was a super needed down day.  Dick went off disc golfing and I sat at the picnic table and made a dream catcher.  I made up 25 of these kits to give out to any kids wanting something to do and I had to have an example so here it is.  Cheesy but fun! I also embellished the neck line of a great shirt I just got from my Nephew Billy Greens wife Kierra. Braided some leather and sliced the band and strung it through.  I love it!


Today we took to the woods again.  Just when I thought there was no wild life Dick finds this little cutie.  I of course did not get to close for fear of the momma deer popping out and attacking me!  As it happens we never saw the mom.  Lucky for me because I can not handle another death experience so soon.  Other treasures for the walk included a fine bird feather and this lovely piece of wood that looks like a half of an avocado.  No flowers today but a fern looking thing!
 We headed to Muskegon to check out the lake (Michigan) and the sites. The town was dead but we still had fun acting crazy being tourists. We then went to Heritage Landing  Park and practically had it all to ourselves.  We packed a picnic lunch and stopped at a store for some local beer.


There was a sad ending to our walk after lunch.  Apparently Muskegon has a Covid virus  that kills Monkeys!  Don't worry.....we didn't touch it or get to close!!















2 comments:

  1. Oh nooooo that poor 🐒.... but so glad you didn't touch it and glad you had a fun day

    ReplyDelete