Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Monday, May 4, 2020

May the 4th be with you

Today was another hiking day.  We headed out to the state hunting land and found some trails. We took our fancy walking sticks. I made mine and a friend in KY made Dicks (I love KY) wood burned just for us as a going away present. Thought maybe we would find some mushrooms but instead we found the eternal bog of stench and as you can see from my walking stick...it sunk over a foot.  I think the stick only stopped because it hit the bones of Hoggle.  We spotted a foreign structure and had to investigate. It  turned out to be what we believe was hunting blind built by Red Green.  Lots of duct tape and cellophane.  There was also a funky oak tree (I think) that branched off at the bottom with 6 tall trees (It would have been a great cage for Dick had I put barbed wire around it! To end the day we went fishing.  1st time in probably 40 years for both of us!  I caught a fishy.  It was hauled in so fast it flew off the hook and was flopping on the ground.  I have no clue what it was but it was HUGE (4 inches).  For fear of touching it and getting fishy covid, I pushed it back in the lake with a stick.  We have no clue what we are doing when it comes to fishing but hopefully google will be of some assistance because there is no one camping yet in the park to ask.  Until the next adventure......enjoy the pictures!



2 comments: