Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Friday, May 8, 2020

Birthday fun!

What a day!  We drove to Holland Michigan (about an hour from where we are for the summer) and we tip toed like Tiny Tim through the tulips. They were beautiful. We had to go today because tonight there will be a hard freeze and they would maybe all be dead tomorrow.  Not likely because they are a hardy flower but it was my birthday and I can do what I want on my birthday.  Really, I can do what every I want every day!!  Lucky me!  Man was it cold though.  The closer we got to the lake the colder it got.  Could have used winter coat today.  There were even snow flurries. There was a great movie advertised downtown but of course the theatre was closed.  Guess we have to wait until it comes out on Netflix. We headed over to the forest afterwards to search for mushrooms (no luck) but dang near got lost in the brush.  We took the short cut which means no trails accept the deer trail so it was branches in the face the whole time.  NO selfie today because all the blood might scare you.  I cooked up some perch and fries for dinner as you can see from the picture. Again do not be fooled by the take out container.  I cooked all this stuff!!!  Our feet hurt so that's it for today.  Recliner are wonderful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment