Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Saturday, May 16, 2020

More Stuff

Yesterday was laundry day and while I was slaving away in the laundry room at the campground, Dick road his bike to the bakery in town for cinnamon rolls, scones and a cinnamon braided bread loaf.  Yummy deliciousness can be had from Busy Moms Bakery in Cedar Springs, MI  We tried our hands at fishing again and again we still know nothing about what the heck we are doing.  I can't wait for this craziness to end so some of our professional fishing family members can come teach us what we are doing.    We bought some GULP at the Farm & Fleet and although it stinks really bad, we found that the fish here like to eat it up.   We got lots of bits and I caught another fish.  I didn't take a picture because I didn't want you to be jealous.  Of course I didn't touch the wiggly thing.  That is what husbands are for.  Dick saved the fish from certain death.  If I had done it there would have been a rock involved to knock it out first. Today we went out mushroom hunting again. Not the Psychedelic kind you silly!
We found not one edible mushroom and I nearly died out there going through all the prickery brush.  OH the blood was so terrible I almost passed out.  After we left the woods we did find two breweries. This helped me tremendously from that close call with death.  There is a Brew City Brewsader App that we installed and when we visit 8 of the millions of brewers in the area we get a free t-shirt.  Yea FREE.  We spent over $80 at the breweries today alone.  That did of course include beer batter cheese curds that were awesome so I guess not to bad.  Dicks taste for the barrel aged imperial beers will put us over budget every time as well. It was a beautiful day and we took advantage of every minute outside as it will be rainy and crummy for the next couple of days.  Of course you have to suffer through more nature pictures and the wild life for the day was a tiny frog and a turtle.   I do believe that there is far to much swamp land in Michigan.  Shrek would certainly feel at home here. I also found an antique can out in the woods.  Such treasures!!  On a funny note, we saw a sign for Alternative  Auto Repair.  It made me wonder if this is a place where those transgender muscle cars that were painted pink or purple go to get fixed!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment