Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Dark day!!

Today QuadGraphics  screwed Dick over royally!!  That is my opinion and mine only!! 36 years and no thank you, no good bye, no nothing!! March 31st he was to retire but the whole virus thing halted that.  He had 6 weeks of approved vacation and a month sabbatical taken away from him. He told them retirement was not an option with so much on the table and they agreed and put him on furlough and he collected a whopping 6 weeks of unemployment only to be told today that it is over and you get nothing more!!  No thank you, no recognition, no fabulous or not so fabulous parting gift,  none of the vacation or the sabbatical.  This is how a company works during the hard times to pay back the people who have put blood, sweat and tears into a company for 36 years. I am sure he has hard feeling about this but I can not express his feelings.  I know this has been done to many, and I also know this is not going to effect us financially. Mentally I would have never thought this company would fuck us over.  My Mother worked here, my Father worked here & I have had a number of siblings work here.  I worked here for years and met Dick here.  It was a different company and a different time.  I will not miss the long hours he has put into this place.   Vent  over!!

On to better things, better days and no stress!! More wood walks, & more gathering of nature things for me to me ridiculous things, more beer travels and most importantly....MORE FAMILY TIME!!





2 comments:

  1. Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no loyalty anymore with companies. Dick should be very proud of his 34 years of service! Happy Retirement!! Enjoy!! 😊

    ReplyDelete