Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Canadian Adventures

Last stop in the USA was in New Hampshire to visit friends.  We met these guys in Yuma years ago and have stayed connected ever since.  Awesome people with a load of kids.  Really only 3 but all boys!  Yikes do they have energy!  Dick did a bit of disc golfing with Dylan and some of his friends and we had a great dinner at his mom's house. Dylans brother was the one that bought our trailer and truck and they were there too.  We didn't get to see the old house and ride but that was ok.





This is the Dog that is going to live in the trailer with the new owners.  It is more of a horse than a dog!
I cannot even imagine traveling with a dog of this size. It is larger than a human.


On to more exciting things. Here we are again on the road doing our most favorite thing!  Visiting the laundry mat is always entertaining and we the best part is that we have clean underwear when we leave!!



We visited a covered bridge and had a picnic with Dylan, Heather and the boys! We had a great visit and said our goodbyes promising to stop or meet up whenever they we are close by.





So here we are in Canada! The 1st picture we take is of a sign.  They have some interesting signed in this country.  I am sure we will come across a few more but when was the last time you saw a see saw sign!! 


Guess what!!!  There was a brewery right across the bridge as well.  We of course had to stop because
although we snuck in a ton of alcohol none of it was beer!  Oh, the horror!! 


After beer we walked about the shore and saw this dinosaur eating a dog bone.  Yes...all art is whatever I say it is. maybe my brain works in a different way than most but tell me you don't see what I saw.


Disc golf in Canada!!  Sorry Canadian friends, the wind was blowing the wrong way!!


More beer!



This is the giant bridge that we went across to get to Prince Edward Island.  I know you think this is not the most exciting thing, but it was super cool. Just wish it wasn't a super cappy day


Check out this guy form!!


Canadian flowers kind of look like US flowers eh?



Whoa! Hold on just one minute!  How the heck do we shop when we can't even read the words!  I hope these are Wheat thins or I may have just ate a box of digestives!


In the land not down under.  We spent two nights in this town and explored a bit before we head to the dock for the ferry.  It was a great little port town with lots of fun stuff & I got to eat Chinese food!


I think they claim this to be the largest fiddle in the world.  It was pretty dang big!


There was a huge ship in the port and I was in awe of this bumper it had on board for maybe when docked or for when at sea to play bumper boats!!  That would be a sight to see.



On the walk back I took this picture of all the things reflecting in the pond!  


Dick has sure become a selfie guy with his watch.  No more of that running to get in the picture.  With just a click on the wrist, wala, beautiful people!


Not a click of the wrist.  When we were at Ronis in PA she had a photographer taking pictures of the whole family and we have all been waiting to see how lovely we looked.  Not a bad picture of us!


Went on a walk about on Nova Scotia and stopped at this light house.  A lovely lady was hanging out there from the hysterical society and gave us the lowdown on this one and the surrounding area.



Dick had to go touch the water! I think he was looking for sharks.  The lady at the lighthouse said there were sighting!


Another click of the wrist!


Rolling on tomorrow to North Sidney to drive on the ferry to Newfoundland to meet up with friends.  Looking forward to that little island.  I have wanted to go to Newfoundland since working with a lady at Olympia Candy Kitchen in Chambersburg so many years ago.  She only had great things to say about her home country.  I am sure it will be awesome.

Thickly settled!!  What the heck kind of sign is that?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment