Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

I know you all thought that I would not post today.  HA!!! I showed you!!!  

We have been in Kentucky since Wednesday and have seen so many friends and we have so many more to catch up with.  We will not get the opportunity see to everyone and that makes me sad😢.  Life goes on and we will spend the next few days doing all that we can.

We have moved a few times in our life, been to many places and met so many unforgettable people, and we feel so lucky to have the opportunity to live the life we do.

Living in a tiny home on wheels has its challenges, but none too tough that we cannot tackle together.  Key word there in case you didn't notice!!! Together!!!   There are times I could have strangle my better half but then that whole "together" thing wouldn't work.  I am sure he has suffered the wrath of Dawn way too many times, but this year we celebrated 35 years together so how hard can another 35 be!!?

So... on to the adventures!!!  We went disc golfing to a course that Dick was pretty familiar with and were pleasantly surprised at how Frankfort had cleaned up this beautiful park.  Dick did however throw a wayward disc and we spent quite some time looking for it amongst the weeds.  We found someone else's disc during our search and I was totally almost maybe attached by the guy in the picture below.  Scared the crap out of me.  Camo on a shelled creature is just not a good idea!!  We found his disc finally and moved on.

Every time we walk around a golf course, I pick up rocks, feathers and any other thing I think I can make into some art project.  I actually bought the wood disc for a smoker at an estate sale a couple months ago and painted these to scatter around on my next walk.  All of my large hobbies have turned into small travel hobbies, and I still have fun creating.  We have also run out of space on our flip up storage door and have begun to cover the door with our brewery stickers.  Yes.....we drink every day!  It not about the quantity  its about the quality!!!


Back in Kentucky has brought us to yet another bourbon distillery.  This was by far the best tour we have ever had!!  Castle & Key has the most beautiful grounds, and our tour guide was most entertaining!!  We went with a couple friends and had a great time just sitting around afterwards and enjoying the beauty!! When we happened upon this place way back when we came to Kentucky it was a boarded-up mess.  See what millions of dollars can do!!  Save your money and you too can be a distillery owner!!











Talk to you next week!!








No comments:

Post a Comment