Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Thanksgiving week & more!

 

Busy, busy, busy!!  For what I do not know.  I make all this stuff and have no one to give it to.  Oh, the lonely life of a traveler.  NOT so lonely.  Strangers appreciate the stuff, and I can keep my hands busy while relaxing with my feet up!

This is this year's Christmas Tree!!  A couple years back we picked rocks in Michigan with Glenn and Cathy Gogin.  WELL Glen is a rock polisher and he sent me a box of rocks a while back and I finally found a use for them.  They were all pretty on their own but now they are uniquely pretty.  I love this tree.  It may not be a practical tree for an RVer since it weighs a ton, but I would rather give up my bourbon than get rid of this.  JUST kidding!!  I will keep both!!
There are some really cool stones incorporated in this tree so I took all kinds of angles of it so you can see them all. Petoskey Stones are awesome!  You can google that for fun! Then go find some for some real fun!!




I guess I have been going a bit overboard with embroidery, but I have all the stuff, so I am not spending any money on a new hobby.  I am trying to dwindle down my stash of stuff before ever entering another craft store.  It is killing me, but I will not die from this.  I will let you know in a couple of years when I run out of things to make with what I have.   It will take that long!!  You would not believe where I can hide all this stuff from Dick!!  
These are gift bags I made.  I have nothing to put in them because I gave up buying things, but I will give them away eventually to strangers walking by.


Anyone having a baby??  Made a cute little quilt.  I guess it could be for a baby doll for some little girl's doll.  Again, I am sure it will find a home.


We headed to Mexico for some more drugs and to get our teeth cleaned.  $60 for the both of us.  What a deal.  We stopped after and ate at a little food truck and had shrimp tacos and shrimp empanadas.  YUM.  Can't wait to go back!!






Thanksgiving was upon us and as usual we did not plan any thing, so we purchased tickets to eat at the Rec Center where we are staying.  As long as I wasn't cooking....I was happy.  It was amazing and there were all the fixings and fun stuff you just don't want to do in our tiny home kitchen.  I mean I could have but who want that smell to infiltrate your entire living space for days and days.

On Wednesday before Thanksgiving we were invited to friends' house for dinner and cocktails.  We had and amazing meal and were treated to some fabulous wine and a great after dinner German coffee made with brandy called Rudesheim or sheimer (I can't remember).  Anyhow it was delicious. This is Bill and Lisa our hosts who we met in Michigan making the coffee.  What a fun time we had and hope we can find the time to visit again with them while we are down here.


Here are a couple of pictures of the fabulous decoration in the camper.  Yea they kind of look the same as last year except for a new tree.  I will try to be more inventive next year.!!





We finally made it to a walk about by the Colorado river.  Definitely got our step in this day!  We ended up walking all the way downtown and ran into ET flying around a little bar.  We love all the weird things people hang around their establishments.  Makes the drinking more interesting.



This was our goodnite moon one night. Not the greatest picture but pretty nonetheless!


Hallmark movies have been getting to me lately, so we had a Hallmark date!! Communities really do come together for Christmas tree lightings!! Who would have thunk! There was so much going on in downtown Yuma that I enjoyed it more than taking pictures.  I did get a few though.  We ate freshly made tortillas that were so fun to watch being made and toasted on open fire barrels.Who pays a $1 for a single tortilla????  ME and I would have paid $5 they were so GOOD!!  Super yum and then Santa was stuck on top of a building and had to be rescued by the fire department before being able to do the countdown to light the tree.  SO FUN!  The streets were packed with what seemed like every child in Yuma screaming for Santa to be saved.  Life is good and people are awesome!!  You do not need to have kids to get out and enjoy the festivities of the Christmas season.  It is a season for believing and in believing you will find the good in all!!







YEA TOAST!!






No comments:

Post a Comment