Adventure with us as we travel the country in search of history, great scenery, mass quantities of wild life, disc golf courses, microbreweries, fun people and some awesome campgrounds to park our home on wheels. We also hope to do a lot of dispersed camping in the Southwest as well. There will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days but a day without laughter is a day wasted!! ROLL ON!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Tumbleweeds, scary cross bones guy & super high winds!!!

We almost died today driving through the Texas pan handle! Tumbleweeds everywhere!!! I would imagine these can do some serious injury to a hitchhiker.  Good thing we can afford a car.
We stopped for the night at a picnic area that is sandwiched between a railroad track and hwy 54 just south of the Texas/Oklahoma border. I guess Dick was tired and thought this a great place to rest his eyeballs. Well we stayed to long and then to long turned into hell!!! Oh my gosh!!!! We seriously are almost about to die as I write!  The winds are totally rocking the camper beyond any thing I have experienced & the sound of sand and tumbleweeds hitting the trailer is super freaky as are the rattling noises all over.  The sign below is for sure us!  I hope we live to see grandbaby #4!!!
It is dark now and the tumbleweeds look like little ghosts in the headlights of passing cars. We are awaiting the arrival of the creepy guy in a red Chevy who left his skull and crossbones coffee cup and his pack of Marlboro cigarettes on the picnic table during the light hours but took a picture of our camper as he left. He is most likely going to get his friends to come back and kill us and take all of our pancake mix because that is a pretty coveted recipe. Truly that guy creeped me out so much I hid my ID and all money 💰.  I hope his cigs and coffee cup blew away. I am sure we will find out in the morning. Nighty night. Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment